Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and toast in the centre of the oven for 8-10 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through, until golden brown. Watch them carefully so that they don’t burn. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature to 180°C/160 ̊C fan/ gas mark 4. Grease and flour a 26cm springform cake tin and set aside.
- In a food processor, whizz the toasted hazelnuts until very fine. Stir together with the flour and baking powder.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs one by one until well combined. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the milk, coffee, olive oil and rum or hazelnut liqueur, if using, and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and springy. Allow to cool. Top with crushed hazelnuts and serve.
Per serving: 481kcals, 32g fat (10.2g saturated), 45.2g carbs (27.1g sugars), 8.4g protein, 3g fibre, 0.122g sodium
Popular in Italian
Tomato, spinach and Mozzarella gnocchi