Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large, ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the gnocchi for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden on both sides, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and add the remaining oil. Cook the onion and pepper for 5-6 minutes until softened, then add the garlic, chilli flakes and oregano and cook for one minute longer. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, balsamic, sugar and mascarpone and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi and allow to bubble gently for 10-12 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the spinach and allow to wilt for 2-3 minutes. Taste the sauce and add extra seasoning as needed. Meanwhile, turn the grill on to a high heat.
- Scatter the Mozzarella over the top. Place the pan under the hot grill for five minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Serve topped with fresh basil leaves, with some garlic bread on the side.
Per Serving: 544kcals, 20.9g fat (5.7g saturated), 74.9g carbs (12.5g sugars), 18g protein, 11.1g fibre, 0.956g sodium
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat