Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat, then add the chicken and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Working in batches, brown the sliced mushrooms for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook for three minutes. Add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for two minutes.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, stirring and scraping any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Stir in the tinned tomatoes, oregano, thyme, beans and sugar.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over the top. Cook, covered, on the stove top for about ten minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling. Return the mushrooms to the pan. Season to taste. Serve with brown rice.
Per serving: 488kcals, 18g fat (3.9g saturated), 31.4g carbs, 10.5g sugars, 50.1g protein, 10.4g fibre, 0.185g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes