4 chicken fillets
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
340g mushrooms, sliced
½ onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp tomato purée
50ml red wine
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
1 x 400g tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
½ tbsp sugar
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat, then add the chicken and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Working in batches, brown the sliced mushrooms for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook for three minutes. Add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for two minutes.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, stirring and scraping any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Stir in the tinned tomatoes, oregano, thyme, beans and sugar.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan and spoon some of the sauce and vegetables over the top. Cook, covered, on the stove top for about ten minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling. Return the mushrooms to the pan. Season to taste. Serve with brown rice.
Per serving: 488kcals, 18g fat (3.9g saturated), 31.4g carbs, 10.5g sugars, 50.1g protein, 10.4g fibre, 0.185g sodium