Serves 12 around
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a jug, combine the warm water with the yeast. Set aside for 3-4 minutes until foamy.
- Beat the bread flour, salt and sugar together.
- Add the water mixture and beat for 10 minutes until a springy dough is formed. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise for 45 minutes.
- Knock back the dough and cut out one Christmas star for the top of the tree.
- Form the remaining dough into balls, each weighing around 25g.
- Drain the Mozzarella pearls (bocconcini) and push one pearl into the centre of each ball, wrapping the dough around the cheese.
- On a baking tray, arrange the dough balls (seam side-down) to form a Christmas tree. Leave to prove again for 50-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Brush the dough balls with egg wash and bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden. In a bowl, mix together the melted butter and the chopped fresh herbs (basil, parsley, rosemary or a mixture).
- Brush the dough balls with the herby butter and serve with fresh pesto, for dipping.
Per serving: 204kcals, 4.5g fat (2.7g saturated), 31.6g carbs (1.1g sugars), 9.5g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.231g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons