40g plain flour
600ml chicken stock
50g Parmesan, grated
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp dried tarragon
Salt and black pepper
3 chicken fillets, cooked and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water until cooled, then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until combined.
- Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring to combine. Stir in the cream.
- Add the Parmesan, mustard and tarragon. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the chicken and pasta and stir to combine thoroughly. Transfer to an oven-proof casserole dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling.
- Serve hot with a simple green salad.
Per serving: 455kcals, 22g fat (5.1g saturated), 2.7g carbs, 1.7g sugars, 58.5g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.757g sodium