200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
130g icing sugar
300g plain flour (or gluten-free plain flour if desired)
1 large egg, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
A little milk, if needed to loosen
Caster sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and icing sugar until light and creamy.
- Stir in the flour, egg and vanilla. If the mixture is too stiff to pipe, add a splash of milk to make it more workable.
- Spoon the cookie dough into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle.
- Pipe swirls onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack, then sprinkle with caster sugar.
Per Serving: 236kcals, 12.2g fat (7.5g saturated), 29g carbs (12.5g sugars), 2.8g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.08g sodium