Makes 12 muffins
1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
2 tsp vegetable oil
100g butter, melted
2 large eggs
300g plain flour
150g caster sugar
2 ½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180C ̊ fan/gas mark 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Spread the cubed sweet potato out on a baking tray. Drizzle with the oil, toss to coat and bake for 25 minutes or until soft.
- In a jug, whisk together the melted butter, milk and eggs.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and sultanas. Fold in the roasted sweet potato.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Divide the mixture amongst the paper cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool before you eat them!
Per serving: 268kcals, 9g fat (5g saturated), 42.6g carbs (16.5g sugars), 4.7g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.072g sodium