Makes roughly 24
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Wash your hands and gather all of your ingredients together.
- Scrap out the insides of the sweet potato and pop the skins into the compost bin.
- Mash up the sweet potato with a fork and set aside.
- Place the flour and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil. (If the coconut oil is very hard, warm it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds just to soften it slightly.) Use clean fingers to rub the oil into the flour until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sweet potato, maple syrup and salt.
- Stir everything together to form a smooth dough. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin until it’s thin.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut out biscuits. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp around the edges. Allow to cool.
Per Serving: 67kcals, 3.4g fat (2.9g saturated), 8.3g carbs (1.5g sugars), 0.9g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.011g sodium
Popular in Kids baking