Makes roughly 24
170g cooked sweet potato, cooled
180g plain flour
Zest of 1 lime
80g coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of salt
- Wash your hands and gather all of your ingredients together.
- Scrap out the insides of the sweet potato and pop the skins into the compost bin.
- Mash up the sweet potato with a fork and set aside.
- Place the flour and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil. (If the coconut oil is very hard, warm it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds just to soften it slightly.) Use clean fingers to rub the oil into the flour until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sweet potato, maple syrup and salt.
- Stir everything together to form a smooth dough. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin until it’s thin.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut out biscuits. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp around the edges. Allow to cool.
Per Serving 67kcals, 3.4g fat (2.9g saturated), 8.3g carbs (1.5g sugars), 0.9g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.011g sodium