Makes roughly 24
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Scrape out the insides of the sweet potato and pop the skins into the compost bin. Place the flesh of the sweet potatoes in a bowl, mash with a fork and set aside.
- Place the flour and lime zest in a large bowl. Add the coconut oil. (If the coconut oil is very hard, warm it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds just to soften it slightly.) Use clean fingers to rub the oil into the flour until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sweet potato, maple syrup and salt.
- Stir everything together to form a smooth dough. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin until it’s thin.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut out biscuits. Place them on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp around the edges. Allow to cool.
Per serving: 67kcals, 3.4g fat (2.9g saturated), 8.3g carbs (1.5g sugars), 0.9g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.011g sodium
Kids bakingBiscuits & cookiesLunchboxDairy-freeDinnerVeganSnacksSweet thingsLow sugarSpecial OccasionsLeftoversKidsFree-from treatsAfternoon teaVeganBakingMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Kids baking
Rice Krispie wreath
2 months, 10 days ago
These are so good!