1kg sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp dried coriander
2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
400ml full-fat coconut milk
750ml vegetable stock
Fresh coriander, chopped
Greek yoghurt or dairy-free alternative
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Place the sweet potatoes and apple pieces in a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium-low heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the coriander, cumin seeds, ginger and some salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes longer.
- Add the sweet potatoes and apples to the pan, then pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for five minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Use a stick blender to whizz the soup until smooth. Season to taste.
- Finish with a swirl of yoghurt and some chopped fresh coriander, to serve.
Per serving 428kcals, 24.6g fat (19.4g saturated), 53.8g carbs (22.7g sugars), 5.7g protein, 9.7g fibre, 0.461g s