3 small sweet potatoes
1 x 400g tin of black or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp chilli powder
5 wholewheat tortillas
1 avocado, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
60g Cheddar, grated
6 tbsp tomato salsa
Salt and black pepper
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with fork a few times. Microwave on high for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool enough to handle, then remove the skins. Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, cumin and chilli powder. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, toss the avocado cubes with the lime juice.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 15-20 seconds before assembling.
- Lay out the warm tortillas and spread some mashed sweet potato on each. Divide the avocado, black beans, and Cheddar between the tortillas. Top each with a tablespoon of salsa and season with salt and pepper.
- Tuck the ends in, then roll up the burritos and wrap in tin foil. Store in the fridge.
- When ready to eat, heat the burritos through using the microwave for 1-2 minutes (remember to remove the tinfoil!), or on a baking tray in a preheated 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark 2 oven for 10 minutes.
Per serving: 606kcals, 11.1g fat (2.5g saturated), 103.8g carbs, 3g sugars, 26.8g protein, 22.3g fibre, 0.365g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
The beans already provide plenty, but if you fancy an added boost of protein, scramble four eggs and add them to the burrito filling.