Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Grease a nonstick baking tray and line with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pastry to ½cm thick. Cut the pastry into rough triangular shapes a little bigger than the pear halves.
- Dry the syrup off the pears in a little kitchen paper to remove excess moisture. Slice the pears so that it can fan out and position them on the pastry base.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the pears and top with a couple of cubes of butter. Brush the border of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden and the pears are slightly caramelised.
- Take the honey comb ice cream out of the freezer to allow it to soften a little before use. Once softened, spoon out into a clean bowl and add the chopped candied ginger and whiskey liqueur (if using). Stir through until well mixed. Return to the freezer to firm up for one hour.
- Once the tart is cooked, top with the ice cream and serve immediately.
Note: Irish mist can be used for whiskey liqueur, if you like.
Per serving: 705kcals, 43.7g fat (15.5g saturated), 69.2g carbs, 26.2g sugars, 9.9g protein, 4.9g fibre, 0.302g sodium
Popular in Pastry
Raspberry & white chocolate mille feuille