Serves 12-14 with leftovers
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the glaze:
- Place the ham in a large pot and pour in the pineapple juice. Add enough water to just cover the ham.
- Add the black treacle, bay leaf, peppercorns and orange wedges.
- Bring slowly to a boil, skimming off any white foam from the surface as it cooks. Simmer very gently for two hours or until cooked through.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Place the oven rack at its lowest position. Remove the ham from its liquid and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the ham in a roasting tin and use a small sharp knife to strip off the skin, leaving a thin layer of fat attached to the meat.
- Score the fat in a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut into the meat. Stud the intersections with cloves.
- In a bowl, stir together the glaze ingredients until the sugar has dissolved. Brush the glaze thickly over the ham.
- Bake the ham for 40-45 minutes until golden brown, basting with more of the glaze every 20 minutes or so.
- Increase the heat to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and cook for a final 20 minutes without opening the oven.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 543kcals, 21.4g fat (8.9g saturated), 13.1g carbs, 12.2g sugars, 71.5g protein, 0.1g fibre, 0.006g sodium
Gluten-freeDairy-freeChristmasDinnerEasterSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsFree-fromSunday roastDinner partyComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Gluten-free
Raspberry & passion fruit pastilles