Serves 4 as a side dish
450g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp maple syrup
Juice of half a lemon
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp hot chilli sauce
2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C/gas mark 6.
- Cover a large, rimmed baking tray with tin foil. Spread the sprouts out on the tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine.
- Place in the oven on the top rack and roast for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, place all of the remaining ingredients except the sesame seeds into a saucepan. Reduce over a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until thickened.
- When the sprouts are ready, remove from the oven. Place them in a bowl with half of the sauce and the sesame seeds and toss until just coated; add more sauce as desired.
Per Serving 197kcals, 13.1g fat (1.9g saturated), 19g carbs, 8.7g sugars, 5.4g protein, 4.8g fibre, 0.828g sodium