Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the batter:
For the sauce:
- Heat the vegetable oil and cook the peppers and onion for five minutes. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for one more minute.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, pineapple pieces and juice, vinegar and ketchup. Add to the vegetables and bring to the boil.
- In a cup, stir the cornflour together with the water. Once the sauce is boiling, add the cornflour mixture. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pan with vegetable oil to a depth of 3cm and place over a medium-high heat.
- Whisk the batter ingredients together until smooth. Add the pork pieces and stir to coat well.
- Working in batches, cook the pork pieces for 4-5 minutes each until they’re cooked through and all sides are golden and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm while cooking the rest of the pork.
- Once all the pork pieces are cooked, toss them with the sweet and sour sauce, the sesame seeds and some coriander. Serve with rice.
Per serving: 890kcals, 52.2g fat (13.1g saturated), 66.8g carbs, 37.3g sugars, 40.3g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.798g sodium
TOP TIP: For a healthier version, omit the batter. Simply sprinkle the pork with a little Chinese five spice and brown in a little oil.
Popular in Dairy-free
Lemon chicken, spinach & orzo soup