For the potatoes:
800g baby potatoes, halved
2 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
For the pork:
4 bone-in pork chops, about 2cm thick
For the glaze:
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried thyme
Pinch of dried chilli flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the potatoes on a large baking tray in a single layer. Drizzle with the olive oil and scatter over the garlic. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Pat the pork chops dry with kitchen paper and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof pan over a medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and sear for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer the pan into the oven and roast for 10-12 minutes until the chops are completely cooked through.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan over a medium heat and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and stir in the butter until melted. Serve immediately with the pork chops and the sweet and sour glaze.
Per serving: 581kcals, 37.3g fat (14.9g saturated), 39.9g carbs, 13.1g sugars, 23.6g protein, 5.3g fibre, 0.189g sodium