Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pastry:
For the filling:
- Put the flours in a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the grated Cheddar and stir to combine. Add the cold water and mix to bring together into a dough. Roll into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for five minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C/gas mark 4.
- Butter a 24cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Lightly dust the work surface with flour, roll out the pastry and use to line the tin. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with baking paper, fill with baking beans and blind bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and the paper, then return the pastry case to the oven for 10 minutes. Keep an eye out so it doesn’t get too dark in colour. Allow to cool slightly.
- Crack the eggs into a jug and whisk well, then add the milk and whisk again. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the bottom of the pastry case, then add all of the green vegetables. Pour the egg mixture evenly over all of the vegetables.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the egg is set. Allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Per serving: 265kcals, 16.5g fat (9.5g saturated), 18.7g carbs (2.5g sugars), 11g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.212g sodium
Popular in Quiche
Cream cracker crust quiche