For the cupcakes:
110g butter, at room temperature
110g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
Vanilla, mint chocolate chip and strawberry ice creams, slightly softened
Chocolate dessert sauce
Hundreds and Thousands
Cocktail or Maraschino cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs until combined, then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour until just incorporated, then stir in the milk to loosen the mixture.
- Divide the batter among the cases and bake for 10-15 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool completely to room temperature.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, add a round scoop of softened ice cream to the top of each. You want the ice cream to be easily scoop-able, but not too runny.
- Transfer the cupcakes to the freezer for 30 minutes for the ice cream to firm up.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and leave to sit at room temperature for five minutes. Top with chocolate dessert sauce, Hundreds and Thousands and a cherry. Add a wafer to each.
Per serving: 309kcals, 16.3g fat (9.9g saturated), 37.9g carbs, 28.9g sugars, 4.7g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.123g sodium