275g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
75g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated, plus extra for decoration
1 tbsp basil, chopped
75g sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and butter. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the Parmesan, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and sun-dried tomato purée.
- In a jug, whisk together the egg and milk. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle on some extra Parmesan and some black pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops feel springy to the touch. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
Per Serving 165kcals, 6.6g fat (3.6g saturated), 21g carbs (1.4g sugars), 6g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.214g sodium