For the dressing:
1 avocado, chopped
5 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra to garnish
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt
For the salad:
1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
½ a red onion, sliced into rings
650g sirloin steak
Salt and black pepper
30ml white wine
4 large handfuls of salad greens
1 x 198g tin of sweetcorn
120g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
3 radishes, sliced
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and whizz to combine into a smooth, thick dressing.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 5-6 minutes.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to high, push the onion to one side of the pan and add the steak. Sear for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a carving board and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan with the onions and allow to bubble, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Once the wine has evaporated, remove the onions and set aside.
- Carve the steak into ½cm slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad leaves, sweetcorn, tomatoes, pepper and radishes. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide between four plates and lay some slices of sirloin and a spoonful of onions on top of each salad. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Per serving: 569kcals, 30.9g fat (7.5g saturated), 19.2g carbs, 4.5g sugars, 52.3g protein, 6g fibre, 0.155g sodium