Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Cut the squashes in half where the bottom begins to narrow and remove seeds.
- Brush the cut sides of the squashes with olive oil and season the cavities with salt and pepper. Place the squashes cut side down on two baking trays and roast for 20-25 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter with the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and some salt and pepper and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the apples and thyme. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the apple just begins to soften, then remove to a large bowl. Add the parsley, cream and stock and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the squashes cut side up. Spoon the stuffing into the cavities and top with rounds of goats’ cheese. Bake for 20 minutes until the squashes are tender and the cheese is golden brown, then serve.
Per Serving: 349kcals, 22.3g fat (13.1g saturated), 27g carbs, 9.5g sugars, 13.4g protein, 4.4g fibre, 0.196g sodium
ChristmasStartersEasterCholesterol-friendly recipesLunch & snacksLow-fatSpecial OccasionsDinner partyMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge