Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the croutons:
For the dressing:
For the salad:
- For the croutons, preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the oil over the pieces of bread, then evenly sprinkle with the basil and some salt and pepper. Toss gently until well combined, then spread the bread out in a single layer on the prepared baking tray. Bake for around 15 minutes until golden, turning once halfway through cooking in order to brown all sides of the croutons. Check them often to be sure that they do not burn. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well combined. (Alternatively, shake together in a jar with a tight-fitting lid). Season to taste.
- Place the spinach in a large serving bowl. Add the strawberries and scallions. Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat the leaves.
- Top with the croutons and cheese, if desired. Serve immediately, with the remaining dressing in a jug on the side.
Note: Olive oil can be used as an alternative to Rapeseed oil, if you wish.
563kcals, 33.5g fat (8.8g saturated), 54.1g carbs (32.9g sugars), 15.3g protein, 6.1g fibre, 0.404g sodium