280g strawberries, hulled and chopped
100g plain flour
60g butter, melted
280g plain Greek yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
120g whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and toss gently with 30g of the plain flour. Set aside.
- Place the melted butter in a large bowl and add the yoghurt, honey, milk, vanilla and eggs. Whisk together.
- Add the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Whisk until well combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining plain flour along with the whole wheat flour. Mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the strawberries. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Per Serving: 303kcals, 8g fat (4.3g saturated), 51.2g carbs (14g sugars), 8.2g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.192g sodium