Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the shortcrust pastry:
For the strawberry topping:
For the mascarpone filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm tart tin and line the base with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sieve together the flour and sugar. Use your fingers to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the egg yolk and enough cold water to form a soft dough. Turn the pastry onto a floured surface and lightly knead until the dough comes together. Wrap the pastry in cling film and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 4mm thick. Lift the pastry into the prepared tin, gently pushing it into the sides. Trim away any excess.
- Line the pastry with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is a pale golden colour. Remove the paper and the beans and bake for a further five minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a pot, combine all of the ingredients for the strawberry topping. Cook gently over a medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes until the strawberries are soft and syrupy. Stir gently to avoid breaking up the strawberries too much. Allow to cool.
- For the mascarpone filling, place all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the filling together until smooth.
- Add the filling to the cooled pastry case and use a spatula to smooth the top. Spoon over the strawberries and decorate with lemon zest and fresh mint.
Per Serving: 331kcals, 17.8g fat (10.9g saturated), 33.6g carbs (11.8g sugars), 9.1g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.116g sodium
This recipe is sponsored by Keelings.
Sweet thingsMother’s DayValentine’s DayCheesecakeSpecial OccasionsFrenchPastryCuisinesAfternoon teaBakingFruit dessertsVegetarian
Popular in Mother’s Day