180g strawberries, thawed if frozen
2 tbsp sugar
500ml double cream
300g lemon curd
- Line a 450g loaf tin with cling film, leaving a 5-6cm overhang on the longer sides.
- In a blender, whizz together the strawberries and sugar, scraping down sides as needed. Strain the purée through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing through with a wooden spoon. Discard the solids.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. With a rubber spatula, fold in the lemon curd.
- Spoon half of the cream mixture into the loaf tin and smooth into an even layer.
- Dip the ladyfingers into the strawberry purée, then arrange in a single layer in the tin, parallel to the longer sides. Pour the remaining purée evenly over the ladyfingers.
- Top with the remaining cream mixture and smooth the top with a spatula or palette knife.
- Pull over the overhanging cling film to cover the top. Freeze for at least eight hours.
- To serve, allow to sit at room temperature for 3-4 minutes, then use the cling film to loosen slightly. Invert onto a serving plate, peel away the cling film and slice.
Per Serving: 567kcals, 41.6g fat (22.8g saturated), 53.1g carbs (30.8g sugars), 7.3g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.216g sodium
Top Tip: For a fancy finish, make double the amount of purée and set the extra aside to serve over the top with fresh strawberries