Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and line two baking trays with parchment paper. Roll out the puff pastry and cut each sheet into nine squares. Arrange on the prepared baking trays.
- Use a sharp knife to score a border around each square, being careful not to cut all the way through the pastry. Prick the inside of each border with a fork.
- Bake the pastry for 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, toss the strawberries together with the icing sugar and leave to sit until slightly syrupy.
- Use an electric whisk to beat the cream, vanilla and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Place a dollop of the cream into the centre of a pastry square, top with strawberries and then add a second layer of pastry. Top this with cream and strawberries, then add a final layer of pastry. Repeat with the remaining pastry squares. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Per serving: 740kcals, 43.1g fat (11.7g saturated), 81.9g carbs (32g sugars), 8.6g protein, 3.1g fibre, 0.28g sodium
TEST KITCHEN TIP
Use custard instead of the whipped cream if preferred, and/or try using a combination of strawberries and stewed rhubarb.