Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Combine the whiskey, lemon juice and sugar in a pan over a medium heat and cook, stirring gently, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and turn the heat to high. Bring the mixture to the boil, then cook a further 5-7 minutes or until thick and syrupy, swirling the pan occasionally. Stir in the lemon zest. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Place the prawns in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Brush with the oil and sprinkle over the chilli.
- Transfer about 50ml of the whiskey syrup into a small bowl and brush generously over the prawns. Set the remainder of the syrup aside for dipping.
- Bake the prawns for 10-15 minutes or until the prawns are pink and cooked throughout. Brush with some of the reserved syrup.
- Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then serve with garlic bread and the reserved syrup.
Per serving: 786kcals, 10.8g fat (2.2g saturated), 95.8g carbs (88.1g sugars), 51g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.563g sodium
Popular in Fish & seafood
Gambas al ajillo