Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cake:
For the toffee sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/gas mark 3 and grease and line a 20cm cake tin. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and allspice and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Beat in the melted butter, brandy, honey and orange zest and juice.
- Stir in the flour mixture until combined. Fold through the dates, coconut and walnuts.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- For the toffee sauce, place the butter, sugars and golden syrup into a saucepan and melt gently over a low heat. Simmer for five minutes, then remove from the heat and gradually stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Return to the heat and stir for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is smooth.
- Transfer the slightly warm cake to a serving dish and poke holes into the top. Spoon some of the sauce over and leave to sit for a few minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with extra toffee sauce and whipped cream.
Per Serving 553kcals, 24g fat (14.8g saturated), 83.8g carbs, 54.8g sugars, 4.9g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.267g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux