This recipe screams Christmas Dinner, but pigs in blankets are also great for parties (serve with cocktails sticks to avoid sticky fingers!) The beauty of pigs in blankets is the simplicity, so it’s worth getting really good ingredients: That’s why we love tasty Clonakilty Cocktail Sausages and the oak-smoked flavour of Clonakilty Rashers in this recipe!
6 Oak Smoked Clonakilty Rashers, cut in half lengthwise
2 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
340g Clonakilty Cocktail Sausages
2 tbsp orange marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Working one at a time, lay each rasher out on a board and run the sharp side of your knife along its length to stretch it out.
- Sprinkle each rasher with a few thyme leaves, then place a sausage at one end and roll it up until completely wrapped. Place in a roasting tray and repeat with the remaining rashers and sausages.
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until golden, crispy and cooked through.
- Add the marmalade to the roasting tin, shaking to ensure the sausages are coated.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot, with cocktail sticks.
Per Serving: 145kcals, 9.6g fat (3.3g saturated), 6.4g carbs, 2g sugars, 7.2g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.355g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Clonakilty Blackpudding. Hungry for more? Why not try the roast pork with thyme and onion stuffing and roasted apples made with Clonakilty sausages or the seared scallops with black pudding.