120ml vegetable oil
450g chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
For the sauce:
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat the oil in a large, deep pan over a medium-high heat. Place the flour and buttermilk in two separate shallow bowls.
- One at a time, dredge chicken pieces in the flour, then in the buttermilk, then back into the flour.
- Cook the coated chicken in batches of 5-6 pieces until golden brown and crispy.
- In a small cup, combine the cornflour with the water.
- In a small saucepan over a medium-high heat, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, cider vinegar and sesame oil. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir in the cornflour mixture. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir the cooked chicken through the glaze to coat and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately with rice.
476kcals, 19.1g fat (4.4g saturated), 39.5g carbs, 22g sugars, 36.1g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.577g sodium