2 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, sliced
80g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
4 rib-eye steaks
- Heat the butter and half of the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the onions and mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are golden brown, then add the garlic and cook for one minute longer. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the same pan over a high heat. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and black pepper, massaging the seasonings into the meat.
- Place the steaks in the hot pan and cook to your liking. Remove to a plate, tent loosely with tin foil and rest while you make the sauce.
- Place the same pan over a high heat and add the brandy. Bring to a boil, then add the cream and reduce the heat. Simmer for five minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and onions back to the pan and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in any juices that have been released from the steaks.
- Serve the steaks with the brandy mushroom sauce and chunky chips.
Per serving: 528kcals, 32.6g fat (11.4g saturated), 3.3g carbs, 1.1g sugars, 49.6g protein, 0.8g fibre, 2.160g sodium