Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pancakes:
For the filling:
- Whisk together the ingredients for the pancakes until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat some butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pour some batter into the bottom of the pan, then lift and tilt the pan around so the batter forms an even coating. Cook for 40 seconds, then flip and cook for another 10 seconds. Keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Rub the steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook for three minutes until a nice crust has formed on the steak. Flip over and add the half of the butter, the garlic and thyme. Use a spoon to drizzle the foamy butter over the steak and cook for 3-4 minutes for medium-rare. Remove the steaks, thyme and garlic from the pan. Set the steak aside to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Chop the garlic.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the pan with the remaining butter. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes until browned.
- Add the spinach and chopped garlic and cook for another two minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- To assemble, layer a pancake with spinach and mushrooms. Add a few slices of steak and blue cheese. Fold into triangles, then drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Serve warm with a rocket salad.
Per serving: 411kcals, 23.3g fat (11.8g saturated), 20.6g carbs (2.4g sugars), 9.4g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.376g sodium
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR