2 tbsp coconut oil
½ an onion, chopped
½ a green pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 x 400g tin of diced tomatoes, drained
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
3 x 8″ whole-wheat tortillas
150g Cheddar, grated
½ a 400g tin of kidney, pinto or black beans, rinsed and drained
150g cooked chicken, shredded
Large handful of coriander leaves, chopped
Like Mexican food?
Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion, pepper and chilli for 3-4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the drained tomatoes with the cumin and chilli powder.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Place one of the tortillas into the pan. Top with a third of the cheese and half each of the pepper mixture, beans, tomato mixture and chicken. Add a sprinkling of coriander.
- Top with another tortilla and repeat the same toppings. Top with the final tortilla and pile it high with the rest of the cheese and anything else remaining.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Slice into quarters and serve topped with fresh coriander and some sour cream.
Per serving: 468kcals, 12.4g fat (8g saturated), 55.3g carbs, 4.8g sugar, 35.9g protein, 12.2g fibre, 0.365g sodium