600g Rooster potatoes
1 tbsp butter
500g cabbage, finely sliced
220g leftover cooked bacon joint, torn
550ml double cream
1 garlic clove, crushed
150g low-fat Cheddar
10g Parmesan, grated
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Parboil the potatoes for five minutes, then drain and slice into thin rounds.
- Heat a bit of the butter in a pan over a medium heat and cook the cabbage for a few minutes until wilted. Season well, then stir in the torn bacon.
- Heat the cream, garlic and remaining butter in a saucepan over a medium-low heat for a few minutes until bubbles start to appear at the sides of the pan. Season and set aside.
- In a baking dish, layer the potatoes, cheese, bacon and cabbage, finishing with a layer of potatoes and a sprinkle of Cheddar, Parmesan and parsley.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden on top. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 447kcals, 24.3g fat (14.8g saturated), 28.7g carbs (4.8g sugars), 26.7g protein, 3.1g fibre, 1.04g sodium