100g spinach leaves
10g fresh parsley or basil
100g plain flour
20g wholemeal flour
500g milk (or dairy-free alternative of your choice)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
Vegetable oil, for frying
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Purple sprouting broccoli, steamed
Sugar snaps, steamed
- Place the spinach and herbs in a blender and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the flour, eggs, milk, salt and black pepper to the blender and whizz to form a smooth batter. Set aside and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and add two teaspoons of oil. Once the pan is hot (don’t let the oil start smoking), pour a ladleful of batter into the pan. Swirl the pan around to form the batter into a flat, even circle. Cook for one minute until slightly browned, the gently flip over and cook the other side for 40-50 seconds. Remove from the heat and cover with a clean tea towel until ready to serve.
- Continue with the remaining batter, adding more oil as necessary.
- Serve with your favourite fillings. Make healthy greens the star of the show with these quick midweek meals
Per serving (before fillings): 197kcals, 9.8g fat (3.2g saturated), 19.5g carbs (4.7g sugars), 8.1g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.272g sodium x