60g brown rice
1 x 160g tin of tuna, drained
1½ tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
½ tbsp hot sauce, such as Sriracha
Juice of ½ a lime
1 spring onion, chopped
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 wholegrain wraps
2 large handfuls of baby spinach, baby kale or watercress
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
Soy sauce, for dipping
- Cook the brown rice according to package instructions. Drain, fluff with a fork and allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice and spring onion.
- Combine the rice and vinegar in a second bowl.
- Spread half of the tuna mixture over one wrap. Top with half of the rice, watercress, avocado and carrot. Repeat with the second wrap.
- Roll up tightly and cut in half if desired. Repeat with the second wrap and remaining fillings. Roll both wraps up tightly in tin foil.
- Serve with soy sauce for dipping, if desired.
Per serving: 694kcals, 33.8g fat (6g saturated), 66.6g carbs, 2.3g sugars, 30g protein, 10.3g fibre, 0.281g sodium
Cook the brown rice the night before and store in the fridge overnight. This ways, you can quickly assemble these wraps the next morning in preparation for lunchtime.
MAKE IT YOURS
For a lighter lunch, increase the brown rice to 100g and combine the ingredients in bowls, omitting the wraps.