For the fishcakes:
360g tinned tuna, drained
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 roasted red pepper, (from a jar is fine), finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tbsp coconut flour
Salt and black pepper
Cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh coriander, chopped
Extra chilli, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all of the tuna fishcake ingredients into a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Using your hands, carefully roll and flatten the tuna mixture into four evenly-sized patties and place onto the prepared baking tray.
- Place in the oven and cook for 18-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve over lettuce and top with sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, a dollop of Greek yoghurt, some fresh coriander and sliced chilli.
Note: Plain flour can be used as an alternative to coconut flour, if you wish.
Per serving: 225kcals, 8.9g fat (2.1g saturated), 8.6g carbs, 3.9g sugars, 27.1g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.179g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Just omit the chilli to make these kid-friendly. You could also use these fishcakes as burger patties and serve them on wholemeal buns!