Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Toss the chicken in the harissa paste, coating well and set aside for at least a half hour. Allow the chicken to marinade overnight for more flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and grease a 35x20cm ovenproof dish. In another ovenproof dish bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat. Whisk in the plain flour and cook for one minute,whisking constantly. Take the pan off the heat and gradually whisk in the milk and cream.
- Put the pan back over the heat, stirring constantly, until the mix boils and thickens. Take the pan off the heat again. Add the cheddar and stir until the cheese has melted. Season with lots of black pepper and some nutmeg.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and stir in the macaroni. Cook for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well and add to the sauce along with the cooked chicken and mix well.
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Stir into the macaroni cheese and pour the mixture into the ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Mix the breadcrumbs and crisps and scatter over the top, then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until golden-brown and bubbling. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 690kcals, 33.5g fat (16.2g saturated), 62.6g carbs (8.4g sugars), 34.6g protein, 1g fibre, 0.972g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes