1 tbsp olive oil
½ onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove
3 steamed beetroots
120ml vegetable stock
1-2 tsp harissa paste
½ tsp cumin seeds
Yoghurt of choice
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pre-cooked beetroots, stock, harissa and cumin seeds.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Season to taste. Serve topped with mint, pomegranate seeds and yoghurt.
Per serving: 160kcals, 8.4g fat (1.1g saturated), 20.4g carbs, 14.6g sugars, 3.5g protein, 3.7g fibre, 0.371g sodium.
Recipe courtesy of Aoife Howard