Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the avocado and mint dressing:
- Boil or steam the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then peel.
- Cut the kale away from its main stem and place in a blender or food processor along with the coriander. Blitz until well chopped.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the potatoes, retaining some chunks.
- Add the chopped kale and coriander mixture to the potatoes along with all of the spices. Mix well and season to taste. Shape the potato mixture into eight cakes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook each cake until golden brown about 4-5 minutes per side.
- To make the dressing, combine the avocado, yoghurt, lemon and mint in a blender and whizz until smooth. Add the milk gradually until smooth and glossy.
- Season to taste, adding more milk if a looser consistency is desired. Generously drizzle the dressing over the potato cakes to serve.
Per 2 potato cakes(per serving): 192kcals, 5.5g fat (1.2g saturated), 31.9g carbs (2.5g sugars), 5.2g protein, 6.4g fibre, 0.061g sodium
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR