Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C/gas mark 6.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each pear so that they stand upright. Arrange in a 9- or 10-inch baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the wine and honey until well combined, and then pour over the pears. Add the cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and orange zest to the wine around the pears.
- Roast the pears for 50-60 minutes, basting every 15 minutes, until wrinkled and soft. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pears to serving bowls.
- Pour the wine mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Bubble for 6-7 minutes until slightly thickened, then drizzle over the pears.
- Garnish the pears with the cinnamon sticks and orange zest. Serve warm with a dollop of Ricotta and a drizzle of honey.
Note: Any other fruity white wine can be used as an alternative to Riesling, if you wish.
Per Serving 235kcals, 1.1g fat (0.5g saturated),45.3g carbs, 31.7g sugars, 2g protein, 6.8g fibre, 0.02g sodium
Popular in Low-fat
Easy garlic chilli chicken with noodles