4 ripe pears, with stems, washed and dried
470ml Riesling, or other fruity white wine
4 tbsp honey
4 cinnamon sticks
2 bay leaves
4 strips of orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C/gas mark 6.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each pear so that they stand upright. Arrange in a 9- or 10-inch baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the wine and honey until well combined, and then pour over the pears. Add the cinnamon sticks, bay leaves and orange zest to the wine around the pears.
- Roast the pears for 50-60 minutes, basting every 15 minutes, until wrinkled and soft. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the pears to serving bowls.
- Pour the wine mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Bubble for 6-7 minutes until slightly thickened, then drizzle over the pears.
- Garnish the pears with the cinnamon sticks and orange zest. Serve warm with a dollop of Ricotta and a drizzle of honey.
Per Serving 235kcals, 1.1g fat (0.5g saturated),45.3g carbs, 31.7g sugars, 2g protein, 6.8g fibre, 0.02g sodium