1 x 320g sheet of shortcrust pastry, thawed if frozen
120g dark chocolate (56% cocoa solids), chopped
80ml double cream
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
A pinch of chilli powder
A pinch of cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry and cut out 12 discs to fit the cups of a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Press the discs into the tin and prick the bottoms with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Heat the dark chocolate and cream in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water; make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stir in the cinnamon, chilli powder and cayenne until combined.
- Spoon about one teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into each mini tartlette. Refrigerate or serve immediately. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Per Serving 198kcals, 13.2g fat (3.6g saturated), 17.9g carbs (5.2g sugars), 2.2g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.01g sodium
As in the picture, we decorated some tartlettes with piper whipped cream and others with milk shavings