Perfect for Christmas morning or after dinner, this coffee is flavoured with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and orange is topped with an indulgent layer of whipped cream.
4 tbsp ground coffee
1 small cinnamon stick
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 strip of orange zest, white pith removed
80ml double cream
2 tsp brown sugar
- Put the ground coffee and cinnamon stick in a large cafetière (also known as a French press). Add the ground nutmeg, cloves and orange zest, then pour over 400ml freshly boiled water.
- Stir gently to combine, then add the lid and set aside to steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly whip the cream together with the sugar until it begins to form soft peaks. Fill two cups with boiling water to warm them, then pour out the water.
- Slowly push down the plunger on the cafetière and divide the spiced coffee between the cups.
- To top the coffees with cream, hold a warm teaspoon over the coffee, with the back of the spoon facing up and the tip just touching the surface. Slowly pour the cream over the back of the spoon so that it spreads over the top of the coffee. Repeat with the second cup and enjoy immediately.
Per Serving: 196kcals, 19.5g fat (0g saturated), 4g carbs, 3g sugars, 1g protein, 0g fibre, 0.005g sodium
This recipe was proudly brought to you by