Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the chicken:
For the yoghurt sauce:
For the flatbreads:
- Combine the yoghurt, garlic and spices for the chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight if possible.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the yoghurt sauce and refrigerate until needed.
- Stir the flour, baking powder and yoghurt in a mixing bowl until combined. Use clean hands to bring the dough together.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour, then tip out the dough. Knead for about minute to bring it all together; this isn’t a traditional bread recipe, so you don’t need to knead it for long. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half, then divide each half into 6-8 roughly equal-sized pieces.
- With your hands, pat and flatten the dough, then use a rolling pin dusted with flour to roll each piece to roughly 2-3mm thick.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. Add the flatbreads and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until browned. Set aside and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm.
- Head a barbecue or griddle pan to a medium-high heat. Thread the chicken onto skewers; if using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes beforehand to prevent them from burning. Cook the chicken skewers for 12-15 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat, then stir through the garlic and chopped herbs. Brush the flatbreads all over with the warm herby garlic butter.
- To serve, top your flatbreads with lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomato and chicken, then drizzle with the yoghurt sauce.
Popular in Chicken
Laksa with chilli garlic chicken