For the seasoning:
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp Chinese five spice
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp chilli powder
For the chips:
2 large rooster potatoes, sliced with skins on
2 tbsp oil
For the chicken:
200g panko breadcrumbs
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
100g plain flour
2 chicken fillets, sliced into strips
1 tbsp olive oil
½ an onion, sliced
½ a red pepper, deseeded and sliced
½ a yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
Green chillies, sliced
1 tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, combine the seasoning ingredients and set aside
- For the chips, place the potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil, then cook for 3-5 minutes. They should still feel slightly firm when pierced with a knife. Drain and place them onto a tray lined with kitchen roll. Pat them dry.
- Spread the chips onto a baking tray in an even layer, drizzle with oil and sprinkle on half of the seasoning. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning them every so often. They should be golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken. In a bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, cumin and paprika. Beat the eggs together in a separate bowl. Add the flour to a third bowl.
- Working one piece at a time, dip the chicken pieces into the flour, then into the beaten egg to coat them thoroughly, then dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken pieces until golden on both sides. Transfer onto a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In a frying pan, fry the onions and peppers until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the chips, chicken, onions, peppers and the remaining seasoning. Serve topped with sliced chillies and the chilli flakes.
Per Serving 1070kcals, 33.1g fat (6.1g saturated), 140.1g carbs (10.7g sugars), 52.2g protein, 14.5g fibre, 1.635g sodium