Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat. Cook the onion, carrot and celery for 12-15 minutes until softened.
- Increase the heat and add the Cook until browned all over, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the garlic, oregano, basil and bay leaf and cook for five minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, passata, red wine and beef stock cube. Season generously and cover with a lid. Simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and stir into the Bolognese sauce.
- Serve hot with grated Parmesan and garlic bread.
Popular in Italian
Mozzarella & pesto flatbread pizza