Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the coleslaw:
For the chicken:
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, carrot and onion.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yoghurt, mustard, vinegar and sugar and whisk until blended. Season to taste.
- Pour the mixture over that cabbage and carrots and toss well to coat. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, combine the oregano, thyme, cumin, pepper, salt and flour. Beat the eggs in a second bowl.
- Dip the chicken thighs into the beaten egg, then into the flour mixture.
- Place a wire rack over a baking tray (tip – use the rack from the grill) and place the coated chicken on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve the southern fried chicken with the coleslaw and some chunky chips.
Note: Mixture of drumsticks and thighs can be used as an alternative to chicken drumsticks, if you wish.
Per serving: 734kcals, 19.5g fat (4.6g saturated), 85g carbs, 9.6g sugars, 53.8g protein, 8.9g fibre, 2.988g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Laksa with chilli garlic chicken