Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the snowman cake:
For the base icing:
- Line two round cake tins with parchment — one measuring 10cm and the other 16cm.
- Place the dark and milk chocolate with the butter in a heatproof bowl. Set over a pan of simmering water to melt, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Once melted, stir in the Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar.
- In a bowl, mix together the biscuits, cherries and marshmallows.
- Add the biscuit mixture to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well until everything is coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and pat down with the back of the spoon. Place in the fridge for at least four hours or ideally overnight.
- To decorate, remove the cakes from the tins and place on a board, positioning the smaller cake as the head and the larger as the body.
- Dust a clean surface with some Siúcra Icing Sugar, then roll out the Siúcra Roll Out Icing into two circles — one big enough to cover the head, and one for the body. Place the circles of icing over the biscuit cakes, tucking in the sides.
- Using black, red and blue paste, colour some Siúcra Roll Out Icing and shape into the snowman’s hat, scarf, eyes, nose and buttons.
- Mix the Siúcra Royal Icing Sugar with a little water to make a stiff paste and use to glue the face and clothing into position. Spoon the remainder into a piping bag and pipe an edge around the base of the cakes to finish.
Per Serving: 470kcals, 20.5g fat (9.9g saturated), 69g carbs (51g sugars), 3.1g protein, 1.1g bre, 0.338g sodium
Recipe brought to you by
Popular in Kids baking
Peanut butter Rice Krispie bars