For the snowman cake:
250g dark chocolate
250g milk chocolate
3 tbsp Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar
250g biscuits, crushed
120g cherries, halved
For the base icing:
300g Siúcra Roll Out Icing
Siúcra Icing Sugar, for dusting
200g Siúcra Roll Out Icing
2-3 tbsp water
Black colour paste, for a hat and buttons, nose Red or orange colour paste, for a scarf
Blue colour paste, for eyes
Siúcra Royal Icing Sugar
- Line two round cake tins with parchment — one measuring 10cm and the other 16cm.
- Place the dark and milk chocolate with the butter in a heatproof bowl. Set over a pan of simmering water to melt, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Once melted, stir in the Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar.
- In a bowl, mix together the biscuits, cherries and marshmallows.
- Add the biscuit mixture to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well until everything is coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and pat down with the back of the spoon. Place in the fridge for at least four hours or ideally overnight.
- To decorate, remove the cakes from the tins and place on a board, positioning the smaller cake as the head and the larger as the body.
- Dust a clean surface with some Siúcra Icing Sugar, then roll out the Siúcra Roll Out Icing into two circles — one big enough to cover the head, and one for the body. Place the circles of icing over the biscuit cakes, tucking in the sides.
- Using black, red and blue paste, colour some Siúcra Roll Out Icing and shape into the snowman’s hat, scarf, eyes, nose and buttons.
- Mix the Siúcra Royal Icing Sugar with a little water to make a stiff paste and use to glue the face and clothing into position. Spoon the remainder into a piping bag and pipe an edge around the base of the cakes to finish.
Per Serving 470kcals, 20.5g fat (9.9g saturated), 69g carbs (51g sugars), 3.1g protein, 1.1g bre, 0.338g sodium