Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the bacon lardons and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Add the butter to the same casserole and allow to melt. Add the leeks and celery, cover with a lid and cook gently for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and stock to the casserole and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the smoked haddock and bay leaf in a saucepan and add the milk. Season with pepper and place over a medium-high heat until bubbles begin to appear around the edges. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for five minutes. Remove the fish and flake into pieces, discarding the skin.
- Pour the milk through a sieve into the casserole dish. Add the sweetcorn and half of the bacon and heat through.
- Stir in most of the chives, then ladle into serving bowls. Top with the remaining chives and bacon and serve with brown bread.
Per serving: 452kcals, 18.3g fat (7.2g saturated), 37g carbs (11.9g sugars), 34.7g protein, 4.9g fibre, 1.011g sodium
IrishDinnerFish & seafood30-minute mealsSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR