Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the dipping sauce:
For the rolls:
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar and star anise over a medium-high heat. When the sugar has dissolved, stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and chilli. Remove the star anise and allow to cool.
- Prepare the rice vermicelli according to the package instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Fill a wide saucepan pan with hot water. Working one at a time, soak each spring roll wrapper in the water until softened. Remove and place on kitchen paper to drain. Lift it onto a plate.
- To assemble, place some cucumber, pepper, 2-3 prawns, some fresh herbs and a squeeze of lime juice along the lower third of each spring roll wrapper. Fold in the ends and then roll up tightly.
- Place the rolls seam side down in a tub and store in the fridge until serving.
320kcals, 4g fat (0.7g saturated), 45.6g carbs, 16.6g sugars, 20.7g protein, 3.6g fibre, 0.912g sodium
You can find spring roll wrappers at any Asian supermarket. Because they are dried, they will keep in your cupboard for a long time